How do you design a home office?
Home offices are an essential space for a large part of the workforce. From small desk areas for paying bills to entire rooms dedicated to running a business, custom cabinets from StarMark Cabinetry are designed and built to fit your space and your storage needs. With proper design and planning, your home office can be an efficient and enjoyable area reflecting your personal style. Here are some considerations to get you started.
Consider these tips for designing your home office.
- Determine how many people will be using the room and the type and size of area needed for each.
- Take into consideration whether you and others are right or left handed to create a comfortable workflow.
- Create a space to fit your personal taste of traditional, transitional or contemporary styles.
- Design your office to include ergonomic needs or physical limitations.
- Positioning your work area in front of a window adds natural light and creates a pleasant environment.
- Enclose TV’s, presentation screens or large monitors in custom armoires.
- If space allows, an island provides storage and a large work area for drawings, blueprints or other oversized items.
Storage and Organization
An efficient office is well organized. Cabinets designed for specific items reduce clutter because everything has its place. Office storage may include:
- File drawers
- Flat storage for drawings, plans or artwork
- Roll-out trays in assorted depths
- Adjustable drawer dividers
- Computer areas with keyboard pull-outs
- Open shelving
- Small drawers for organizing undersized objects
- Small mail cubbies
- Electronic charging stations