Gray continues as a popular and flexible neutral cabinetry finish.
- StarMark Cabinetry has introduced Repose Grey to our gray palette. It’s available on Maple and Oak cabinet doors, and can be glazed with Chocolate and Ebony.
Whites are resonating with consumer attitudes across genders and generations rather than with one specific group, says Jackie Jordan, director of color marketing for Sherwin-Williams. White is symbolic of new beginnings and represents a straightforward and necessary shift to mindfulness, well-being and an atmosphere that is pure.
- StarMark Cabinetry has introduced Dove to our palette of White and Off White cabinet colors. Dove is available on Maple and Oak doors, and can be glazed with Bronze, Chocolate and Latte.
Decorating and accessorizing for 2016 will be easy with these three main ideas:
- Texture and layers Tactile layers and textures add depth to a room. Think in terms of layers, shapes and textures and a combination of matte and glossy surfaces, like heavy knitted towels, sleek white marble, white birch logs, shag rugs, white subway tiles, architectural elements, geometric or organic pottery shapes.
- Pops of color You don't have to paint the walls or cabinets to add a pop of color to your kitchen or bathroom. Simply add pieces of the same bright color – maybe in the form of a bold colored chair, large glass bowl or small kitchen appliances – to draw your attention to different areas of the room.
- Bold choices Don’t be afraid to let your personality shine through. Be a little daring in your design choices – especially with lighting – with an unusual sconce, ornate chandelier or set of funky pendants.
Remodeling a kitchen or bathroom? Keep these top trends in mind:
- Light and bright Lighter and brighter kitchens and bathrooms make homeowners happy. Consider freeing up wall space for a window or two.
- Smart storage Practical storage will never go out of style. Whenever possible, take advantage of vertical space and take your cabinetry up the wall.
- Little luxuries From granite breakfast bars to aromatherapy steam showers, homeowners are looking for ways to add a posh bonus features to their homes.
- Smart home technology Homes that boast programmable thermostats and the ability to lock your front door remotely or refrigerators that have several temperature areas are appealing to homeowners. Incorporating these tech features in a way that’s not too techy is important.