Tweens and teens are independent, busy, and enjoy bringing their friends home.
How to make life easier in the main kitchen
Consider installing a second, smaller kitchen in a family or recreation room.
your pantry out of the flow of traffic, and store quick-fix meals
towards the front to avoid congestion.
- Have a side-by-side refrigerator with ice and water in the door. Since these don’t have a
lot of freezer space, keep another freezer elsewhere.
- Keep drinking cups next to the fridge.
- Install a warming drawer in a base cabinet to keep meals ready for kids eating in shifts.
- You can use it as a wet bar later or as a prep kitchen for those big holiday dinners with the grandkids much later.
- This kitchen cabinet design could have a sink, a small refrigerator, a microwave, a pizza oven, a small dishwasher, and an ice maker.
- It should also have pantry space for quick-fix meals and snacks.