Home offices are becoming an essential space. From
small desk areas for paying bills to entire rooms dedicated to running a
business, custom cabinets from StarMark Cabinetry are designed and
built to fit your space and your storage needs.
Consider these tips for designing your home office.
- Determine how many people will be using the room and the type and size of area needed for each.
- Take into consideration whether you and others are right or left handed to create a comfortable workflow.
- Create a space to fit your personal taste of traditional, transitional or contemporary styles.
- Design your office to include ergonomic needs or physical limitations.
- Positioning your work area in front of a window adds natural light and creates a pleasant environment.
- Enclose TV’s, presentation screens or large monitors in custom armoires.
- If space allows, an island provides storage and a large work area for drawings, blueprints or other oversized items.
An efficient office is well organized. Cabinets designed for specific
items reduce clutter because everything has its place. Office storage
- File drawers
- Flat storage for drawings, plans or artwork
- Roll-out trays in assorted depths
- Adjustable drawer dividers
- Computer areas with keyboard pull-outs
- Open shelving
- Small drawers for organizing undersized objects
- Small mail cubbies
- Electronic charging stations
With proper design and planning, your home office can be an efficient and enjoyable area reflecting your personal style.