StarMark Cabinetry is created with quality hardwoods: oak, maple, cherry, hickory and alder.
For more than forty years, American hardwood new growth has exceeded its harvest—it is sustainable.
- Besides supplying wood to create long lasting—not disposable—cabinets, sustainable forests benefit our environment.
- There is zero depletion of forestland as a resource, and low and fully recoverable impact on habitats and ecosystems.
- A sustainable forest has a positive impact on “greenhouse” gases, absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen.
Many homeowners are surprised to find out wood is one of the greenest construction materials.
- If you compare the energy needed to extract, manufacture and transport
construction material, brick uses four times the energy of wood;
concrete, five times; plastic, six times; and aluminum,126 times!
What materials does StarMark Cabinetry recycle?
- StarMark Cabinetry recycles cardboard, paper and electronics.
- StarMark Cabinetry recycles items not usually thought of as recyclable, such as forklift batteries, coolant and shop lights.
- Wood scrap and dust is used to generate energy in ethanol plants.
- Shelves for cabinets are made in part from recycled wood.
- Surplus office supplies are donated to charitable organizations.
StarMark Cabinetry is ESP certified.
- Find out more about ESP (Environmental Stewardship Program) at www.greencabinetsource.org.
- Certification must be earned yearly.
- ESP certification is awarded to manufacturers who
- use materials with low formaldehyde emissions
- use recycled materials
- use hardwoods certified through a recognized sustainable forestry program.
- ESP requires manufacturers to
- have a written environmental policy
- work with their suppliers to protect the environment.
- Why should you trust ESP?
- Unlike other certification programs, ESP takes into account the complete life cycle of a product.
- ESP requires recycling and energy conservation.
- Unlike many other certification programs, ESP encourages local community involvement.
- Find out more about ESP at www.greencabinetsource.org.
StarMark Cabinetry is CARB II compliant.
- In technical terms, this means 100% of StarMark Cabinetry’s products
are compliant with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Airborne
Toxic Control Measure (ATCM) to reduce formaldehyde emissions from
composite wood products including hardwood plywood (HWPW), medium
density fiberboard (MDF), and particleboard(PB) (Title 17, California Code of Regulations §93120-93120.12).
- In layman’s terms, it means that StarMark Cabinetry complies with the nation’s strictest regulations regarding formaldehyde.